The first is a simple avocado dip which provides lots of healthy vitamin C, vitamin K and heart healthy fats. Just be sure to pack the leftovers in an air tight container to limit the amount of colour change that can happen with avocados.
The second recipe is one I use in my kids cooking classes often. The kids love putting it together and enjoy dipping their fruits into it after even more!
Creamy Avocado Dip
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- juice from 1/2 lime
- pinch of salt
1) Peel and pit the avocado and place the flesh into a medium sized bowl.
2) Blend in the remaining ingredients until smooth
3) Serve immediately
*** goes really great with cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes and red pepper strips
Sweet and Tangy Fruit Dip
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated orange zest
1) Whisk all the ingredients into a serving bowl until smooth.
2) Serve with your favourite fruit pieces!
***Peach slices, pineapple cubes, apple slices and strawberries are all winners when matched with this dip!