Regardless of the history, this a classic and comforting dish the family is sure to love!
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canola oil
- 1/2 Onion, yellow finely chopped
- Garlic cloves, minced (3) 5 ml Oregano
- 1- 19 oz (540 ml) baby lima beans, black beans, navy beans canned or fro- zen
- 500 ml Butternut or other winter squash, cubed (1/2 inch or 1 cm)
- 500 ml corn kernels 2 ml Paprika
- 2 ml Black Pepper
- 5 ml Basil 250 ml vegetable broth
- 2 ml Salt 175 ml Sunflower Seeds Toasted 250 ml Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat
- Add minced garlic. Cook 30 seconds. Add onions and fry for 3 minutes until soft
- Stir in canned or thawed lima beans, squash, corn, broth, oregano, basil, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally or until squash is tender. If any liquid remains, remove lid and keep heating until liquid evaporates.
- Sprinkle with cheese and sunflower seeds. Makes 4 to 6 servings. Serve.