Thanksgiving Dinner Waffles
- 2 cups leftover dressing
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 8 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup white turkey meat, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Preheat waffle iron to medium high
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high.
- Place in garlic, peppers, onions and mushrooms. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until onions soften.
- Add in oregano and white wine. Sauté for another minute then set aside but keep warm.
- Next place the dressing in a bowl. If it's still very moist and you can form it into a ball it's good to go. If it's dry, mix in chicken stock until it is moist and easily presses together.
- Take 1 cup of dressing and place it on the waffle iron. Press down and let it cook until golden brown. (If your iron does not have a timer try about 4-5 minutes)
- Meanwhile, fill a deep skillet pan 3/4 of the way up with water and bring to a soft boil. You do not want bubbles breaking the surface.
- Add in 1tsp vinegar and gently stir the water in a clockwise circle.
- Crack an egg into the water and with a fork, gently try to wrap the white around the yolk without piercing the yolk.
- Allow the egg to sit in the water for about 3 minutes for a soft poach. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with second egg.
- To assemble the waffle: place waffle on a plate. Top with mushroom mixture, shredded turkey, cheddar cheese then top with the poached egg.
- Serve immediately.