Thai Tofu Stiryfry Bowl
-1 block tofu, cut into half inch cubes
-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 8 cremini mushrooms, sliced
-1 carrot, jullienned
-1 red pepper, chopped
-1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
-1 tbsp lemon grass paste
-1 tbsp red pepper flakes
-4 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-juice from 1 lime
-2 tbsp brown sugar
-1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
-2 cups cooked brown rice pasta
1) Bring oil to medium-high heat and place in tofu. Brown tofu for about 10 minutes until golden on most sides.
2) Add in garlic. Brown for 1 minute
3) Add in mushrooms, carrot, peppers and cilantro. Sautee for 3-5 minutes until veggies begin to soften. If dish begins to burn a little, add a few tablespoons of chicken stock to stop this.
4) Add in lemon grass, lime juice, pepper flakes, brown sugar and soy sauce. Sautee for another minute.
5) Add in chicken stock, turn down heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Add in pasta and toss until warm. Serve immediately.