Swiss Chard is a nutrient power house. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
The leaves can have a slightly bitter taste, so I prefer them cooked.
Spicy Swiss Chard
1 head Swiss Chard
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cayenne
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp red chili flakes
2 tbsp almond butter
1) Cut off the tough bottom third of the Swiss Chard and discard. Slice the remaining chard into slices (Chard will shrink from cooking so bite sized pieces are not needed).
2) Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan on medium high heat.
3) Add in cayenne, garlic, paprika and chili flakes. Sautee for about 2 minutes until garlic starts to brown.
4) Add in Swiss Chard and reduce heat to medium.
5) As Chard of the bottom begins to wilt, pull it to the top, allowing the unwilted chard to go to the bottom.
6) Once Chard is about 75% wilted, add in almond butter. Toss to coat.
7) Serve immediately.
Please keep posting your unique ingredients and I'll keep trying to come up with recipes!