Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 6 Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 5 shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 8 large cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 oz plain goat cheese
- 16 cheery tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425*C.
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes, lemon juice and oregano. Set aside.
- In a large skillet pan, heat olive oil and shallots on medium heat. Cook shallots until translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add in garlic red wine and mushrooms. Reduce heat slightly and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in rice, stir until completely mixed.
- Add in cheese and remove from heat. Mix until cheese is coating the whole mixture.
- Place Portabello top side down in a lightly greased baking dish. Spoon rice mixture on top of each.
- Place tomatoes on top of rice mixture and sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
- Heat mushrooms in oven for about 10 minutes until cooked through
- Serve warm.