Spicy Thai Shrimp Rice Roll
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 red pepper, cut into long strips
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into long strips
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (preferably thai basil)
- Heat oil on medium heat in a frying pan. Add shrimp and fry turning regularly until slightly pink.
- Add in curry paste and saute for another minute.
- Add coconut milk, remove pan from heat and stir until well combined.
- Have all the filling ingredients set up for assembling before doing the next step. Place a rice wrapper in the warm water until fully submerged. Move it around until you feel the firmness of the paper give (about 30 seconds).
- Once softened carefully remove it from the water, shaking off the excess and place the wrapper out flat on a plate.
- Add shrimp in a long line down the middle of the rice paper leaving a little room at each end.
- Next layer in the red pepper and mango in long lines down the middle.
- Add in a pinch of the cilantro, basil and top with spinach.
- Fold the rice paper tightly over top of the filling and tuck in both ends similar to if you were making a burrito. It is optional but you can slice the wraps in half for smaller serving sizes.
- Serve with Lemon Ginger Thai Dipping Sauce
Cheater Lemon Ginger Thai Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup spicy Thai dipping sauce
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Blend all ingredients together in a small serving bowl.
Hope you can take these one a fabulous picnic!