1.5 cups plain, low fat cream cheese, room tempurature
1 cup of medium salsa (chunky salsa with beans works best)
1/4 cup of frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
6 whole wheat large tortillas
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tsp hot sauce
1) Place cream cheese in a bowl and add in salsa in small amounts. Stop adding before the mixture becomes watery. Make sure spinach is chopped or shredded and add in.
2) Stir in cilantro and hot sauce.
3) Place a tortilla flat on a work surface and liberally spread some of the mixture on top, leaving a 2cm space along the edges.
4) Roll the tortilla up into a log, take a knife and slice the log in to 1 inch pieces (like a maki roll)
5) If pieces start to unroll, secure them with a toothpick. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until finished.
6) Keep pinwheels cool in the fridge until ready to serve.