For the Salad
1 Bosc pear, cored, skin on and thinly sliced
1 sweet potato, thinly sliced into wedges with skin on
1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp peanut oil
1/4 cup roasted almonds
1/2 cup canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
6 cups salad greens
2 oz goat cheese
For the Dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp grated orange rind
1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
1 garlic clove chopped
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 shallot finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- In a medium sized bowl toss pear, potato and onion with peanut oil until coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Turn mixture every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine all ingredients for the dressing and put it in fridge until salad is ready.
- In a large serving bowl toss almonds, chickpeas, salad greens and goat cheese.
- Once roasting vegetables are done, let them cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add vegetables on top of salad and pour on dressing as desired. Serve immediately.