Sweet and Spicy Chili Popcorn
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 tbsp sunflower or peanut oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- 1/4 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp sunflower or peanut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried habanero pepper
1) Blend chili powder, coriander, cumin, cayenne and salt together in a bowl
2) In another small bowl, blend honey, white wine vinegar, habanero pepper and 2 tbsp of oil together
3) In a small sauce pan with a good fitting lid, bring remaining oil up to medium heat. After a few minutes add in one kernel of corn. If small bubbles form around the kernel add the rest, if not, wait a few minutes and try again.
4) Once all the kernels are in a single layer in the bottom of the pan, add the lid on top and gently slide the pan back and forth on the stove top to move the kernels around. They will begin to pop.
5) Once you hear the space between the pops going for longer than 3 seconds, remove from heat and quickly transfer to a bowl.
6) Drizzle honey mixture over top. Add powder mixture and toss to coat.
7) Serve immediately.
Makes 3 servings