- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low salt chicken broth
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Turn crock pot on high. Add in oil, peppers, onions, turkey, chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Next add in tomatoes, broth and beans. Stir, cover and let cook for about 1-3 hours.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to continue cooking for up to a total of 8 hours.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together yogurt and cumin seeds. Cover and leave in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to eat, divide chili in to bowls, sprinkle on a little cheddar cheese and top with cumin yogurt.