- 150g goat cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 slices crusty whole grain bread
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- In a pan heat oil and add roughly chopped spinach, kale, chives and garlic. Sautee for about five to eight minutes until garlic browns and greens begin to wilt.
- Place greens in a food processor. Add in goat cheese and hot sauce. Process until evenly mixed.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Heat pan on medium heat.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing goat cheese mixture on non buttered side of the bread and adding a second slice of bread with butter facing out.
- Place in fry pan and grill for about 4 minutes until golden brown, then turn and repeat.
Makes 3 servings