It's quite simple:
1) Take 1 banana, peel it and slice it into two pieces.
2) Stick one popsicle stick into the flat end of the banana where you cut it.
3) Repeat for the other half of the banana
4) Place banana's on a paper or freezer durable plate
5) Place in freezer
6) Wait for two hours
Easy right? A nice healthy snack for the kids with very little effort. Acts just like a popsicle but it's only fruit! They can even help you make them.
Want something a little more gourmet?
Repeat steps 1 through 3.
4) Take 1 cup of vanilla yogurt and place it into a bowl
5) In another bowl, mix together 1 cup of high fibre cereal (I suggest granola or fibre 1 honey clusters for this recipe)
6) Dip bananas in yogurt
7) Roll in cereal
8) Place on plate
9) Leave in freezer for 2 hours
I've also added a couple of tablespoons of dried fruit, coconut or chocolate chips to the cereal mix to give it a bit more kick.
For a super decadent treat I've dipped the whole banana in chocolate before...but that's just for special occasions. :)
If you want something more breakfast friendly. Roll the banana's in peanut butter and then in either cereal or dried fruit. I haven't tried freezing this version yet but let me know if you do! I don't see how frozen peanut butter could be a bad thing :)
Happy Friday everyone!!!
Be sure to come out tomorrow to the Farmer's Market. I'll be there cooking up a storm in the morning with lots of free samples!