Did you know:
- Deep frying can increase the calories of a food by up to 40%.
- Fruit juice has now been linked with increasing the risk for diabetes where whole fruits have been shown to have the opposite effect.
- To date, the world's largest omelet was made in Portugal, was made from 145,000 free range eggs and weighed 9458lbs.
- The Heart Attack Cafe is a cafe in Nevada that promotes foods so unhealthy that they warn you on the front door "This food is bad for your health". Since opening two of their unofficial mascots as well as one patron have all collapsed from heart attacks.
- It can take up to 10 years of training in Japan to become a sushi chef.
- Many herbs will live longer if they have their roots and are kept in a glass of water on the windowsill like flowers rather than in the fridge.
- A fruititarian is someone that lives on a diet of fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. They will not eat animal products or grains. They will also only eat fruits or veggies that naturally fall off the plant but won't kill it if you harvest it. So tomatoes are in but carrots are out!