Popped Cocoa Quinoa
1/4 cup uncooked dry quinoa
1 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp brown sugar
1) Heat oil on high in a soup pot for a few minutes then bring down to medium heat
2) Pour in quinoa so that is makes a single layer on the bottom (you can pop the rest later).
3) Shake the pot like you are making jiffy pop. Quinoa will start popping. Use a lid to control them if they get out of hand.
4) Continue cooking until quinoa is all popped or begins to brown slightly. Take off heat immediately or it will burn.
5) Toss in cocoa and sugar to coat.
Enjoy on top of yogurt, ice cream or mix into your favorite trail mix.