- peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 red onion onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
1) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Add in onion, and garlic. Saute until onions start to become clear.
2) Add in red peppers, chili flakes, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder. Saute until red pepper begins to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a small bowl combine cilantro, beans and the juice from the 1/2 a lime. Set aside.
4) In another small non-stick pan, heat 1tsp of oil. Crack eggs into fry pan side by side. Once whites set, carefully lift the eggs and flip them over. Cook for another minute on this side.
5) Lay whole wheat tortillas onto serving plates. Top with pepper mixture, then bean mixture, then two eggs, then sprinkle with cheese and avocado. Serve immediately.