So if fiber is a challenging word around your house give these chicken fingers a try. If you want to go even leaner with your meats you can try substituting the chicken with turkey breast. It still tastes great! Just serve these babies with your favorite dipping sauces. Happy eating!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat Bran
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp parpika
- 3 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 3/4 cup panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp canola oil
- In a shallow bowl or plate combine whole wheat flour and bran.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs.
- In a final shallow dish or plate combine the oregano, paprika, garlic powder, ground flax, panko, dijon mustard and 1 tsp of canola oil.
- Set these 3 dishes next to each other along with a baking sheet lightly oiled with the remaining canola oil.
- Slice the chicken breast into finger sized strips.
- Dip each chicken slice in the flour mixture til coated, then the egg, then the panko mixture. Coat it well. Then place on the baking sheet. Repeat with all the pieces.
- Bake chicken strips for 10 minutes at 425*F. Flip then cook for about another 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 3 minutes before serving.
For a great complimenting dipping sauce mix 1/4 cup Dijon mustard with 2 tbsp honey and 2 tsp hot sauce. Another side note if you have picky eaters that are not loving the flax seeds you can easily substitute ground flax instead in the same amount.