And that is basically it. Simple ingredients for a simple and delicious soup. It also has the added benefits of being high in protein from the tofu and a good source of iron and omega fats from the seaweed. Such a great dish to keep you warm this winter. Recipe below:
- 4 cups water
- 2-3 tbsp miso paste (to taste)
- 1 package soft tofu, diced (see note below)
- 1/3 cup dried wakame pieces
- 3 greens onions, diced
- 1.5 tbsp ponzu sauce (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Take a small amount of the boiling water and add it to a small dish with the miso paste to create a thin sauce. Mix this into soup pot. (This step will save you having to chase around lumps in your soup later).
- Reduce the heat so that the water is just simmering. Add in the remaining ingredients and allow soup to simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.