This recipe is one of my more decadent recipes. It's a treat I learned to make years ago and they are super adorable. I cannot remember where I got the original recipe but these little cuties are always a big hit with kids.
Once again, not on my healthier choices menu but we all need to live a little sometimes right?
12 maraschino cherries with stems
12 large hershey's kisses
1/4 of sliced almonds
12 oreo cookies
1/2 cup of dark chocolate wafers or chips
1) Split oreos in half, doing your best to keep the icing on one side
2) Melt chocolate in the microwave until about 80% melted, then stir to melt remaining chips
3) Dip cherries in chocolate (make sure the juice have been shaken off the cherries first).
4) Set chocolate dipped cherries on their side off to the side on the oreo (see above).
5) Place hershey kiss on it's side against the bottom of the cherry while chocolate is still wet. Hold until set.
6) Get two slivered almonds that are well shaped like ears and place behind the hershey kiss. Seal with more chocolate if necessary.
7) Decorate mice with icing gel. Give eyes and a little holly on the side.
8) Repeat all steps with other oreos.
9) Let mice set in fridge for 30 minutes.