Chicken and Sweet Potato Stir-fry
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, diced
12 oz chicken breast (boneless and skinless), chopped into bite sized pieces
1 sweet potato, boiled, chopped, skin still on
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp hot sauce
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup peas
1) Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Place in quinoa, stir, cover, turn off heat and let sit for 20 minutes. Quinoa will cook. Once cooked, set aside.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil to medium heat in a non-stick stiry-fry pan. Add garlic and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
3) Add in chicken and cook chicken to golden brown. Add in potato and quinoa.
4) Add at spices and stiry until coated.
5) Add in peas and spinach. Sautee for a few minutes until spinach just begins to wilt.
6) Serve warm.
Only 315 calories per serving, 7g of fat, 5 grams of fibre and 1.5 servings of veggies.