This dish makes a wonderful meal any time of year and you can dress it up with your favourite vegetables. What really makes this dish special for me is making sure the cheese is just starting to melt so its extra gooey, using fresh herbs to add pop and drizzling with a good quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
This bright salad will impress your friends be sure to satisfy your hunger.
- 50g goat cheese
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, shopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350*F
2) Break up goat cheese into pieces and place all over the top of the two slices of bread.
3) Place bread on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for between 3-6 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
4) Meanwhile, combing spinach, onion and tomatoes in a bowl. Toss to mix.
5) Combine all the herbs into a small mixture and then toss in with the rest of the salad. Mix well.
6) Sprinkle on pumpkin seeds and honey.
7) Top with the two slices of bread and goat cheese.
8) Drizzle on honey, vinegar and oil.
9) Serve immediately.
This salad is great to share between two people or makes a very filling meal for one very hungry person!