For those of you that missed the event I thought I'd share one of the recipes from the class for you to try at home. French fries have to be one of my favorite things on the planet! They are crunchy little bites of perfection. In order to be able to enjoy this tasty treat more often I came up with a healthier alternative that even little kids will enjoy. This is the basic recipe but you can experiment with seasoning the fries how you like and match them with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Parsnip and Carrot Fries with Spicy Aioli
2 large carrots
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ low fat mayo
¼ cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp sriracha sauce
1) Peel and slice carrots and parsnips into 1 cm x 5 cm thin strips.
2) Toss carrots and parsnips into a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper until well coated.
3) Line vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 400*F for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for another 10-15 minutes. You can bake them longer if needed to get the desired crispiness. Just keep an eye on them and turn them at least every 3 minutes after the original baking time.
4) While the vegetables are cooking, mix the mayo, yogurt and hot sauce in a small dish. Set aside.
5) Serve fries with the mayo dip on the side.