Trim your waistline!
Secret foods for a slim tummy!
6 weeks to a flat stomach!
Now for the bad news:
There is no secret way to burn stomach fat.
There are no secret foods that will help to flatten your stomach and there are no special exercises that will help to burn off belly fat.
Now for the good news:
There are things that MAY help improve your waist line.
1) Doing abdominal exercises won't remove the fat but it will tone the muscle underneath so that the fat lays better. Be sure to exercise your back muscles as well when you do abdominal exercises. It is important to exercise complimenting muscles to avoid creating imbalances (which can lead to things like back pain).
2) Cardio exercise is the only way to burn excess fat. This includes activities like walking, hiking, swimming, dancing or playing sports. The only catch is that it is your genetics that decides where the fat will come off first and sometimes it isn't where you want it (unfortunately ladies, it is often our breasts and butts that go first).
3) While there are no waist slimming foods, it is a good idea to avoid foods you are sensitive to or that cause you indigestion. These foods create gas which push against the inside of your torso and can give you a more rounded look.
4) Cutting back on salt it also a good idea. Salt makes you retain water if you are eating too much of it. Sometimes excess weight is just water bloat. It is not a good idea however to cut back on your water intake.
5) Eating a balanced diet high in plant fibres is also beneficial. When we eat in a way that gives our body what it needs without filling up on empty calorie, high sugar, high salt options, our body will work with us rather than against us.
If your are still struggling to meet your weight goals or experiencing a lot of stomach problems, it might be time to call a professional for an assessment to see what is really going on.