For those who are staying in, here's a little recipe to use with all those left over pumpkin seeds from your jack o' lanterns. Makes for a tasty snack while watching scary movies.
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
1.5 cups pumpkin seeds (cleaned)
spices (see below)
Spray cooking oil
1) Preheat oven to 300* C and spray cookie sheet with oil
2) Toss pumpkin seeds with spices and 1 tbsp oil until coated
3) Place on cookie sheet and roast for 45 minutes
There are lots of spice combinations that work on these. Here are a few I suggest:
1) Tarragon and Apple Cider Vinegar (you can omit the oil for mixing with this one)
2) Garlic Salt
3) Salt and Pepper
4) Pumpkin Pie Spice/Cinnamon and a little Brown Sugar (for those you prefer sweet)
Be creative! That's half the fun :-)
Also, here is a great little video on the history of Halloween for those of you that are interested in it's origins.
Happy Halloween Everyone! Stay warm and keep spooky!