White Wine Chicken and Potato Skillet
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, chopped into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup chicken stock, low sodium
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cups chopped French green beans
- 3 cups mini potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat canola oil on medium high heat in a large skillet pan
- Add in onions and garlic. Saute until golden brown (about 4 minutes).
- Add in chicken and cook until chicken is golden brown on all sides.
- Add in just a splash of white wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Once done add in the remaining white wine, chicken stock, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Stir well.
- Add in oregano, rosemary, beans and potatoes. Stir and then cover.
- Reduce heat to low medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes until potatoes begin to soften. Stir occasionally to prevent bottom of pan from burning. Add a little extra stock and wine as needed.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes if potatoes are not easily pierced with a fork.
- Uncover and add in the tomatoes. Stir well and cook for another minute uncovered.
- Add Parmesan as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition: Per Serving- 417kcal, 18g fat, (3.3g saturated fat), 27g carbs, 5g fibre, 32g protein