To make these nachos you will need:
- 2 tbsp melted peanut butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes (or shredded coconut)
- Raw cacao nibs
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup
- 1 medium apple
- Lemon juice
1) Whisk together the peanut butter, almond milk and cinnamon in a bowl until smooth.
2) In a skillet on medium heat, toast the pecans lightly, then add in the coconut for a few minutes to lightly brown. Eith
3) Slice the apple thinly either using a knife or a mandolin. You can sprinkle them with lemon juice to stop them from browning while you work.
4) Layer apples on a plate. Drizzle with peanut butter mixture and sprinkle on coconut, pecans, cacao nibs and maple syrup.
Serves one or two.
If you want more of a warm dessert, you can toast this recipe in the oven for 5-10 minutes until apples are golden brown (I usually do it on 350*C).
For Genevieve's original recipe, see the link below: